Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Geekspeak Season 6, Episode 6
Wow, we're one "six" away from pure evil.
- NASA makes new spacesuits, newfangled movie blogs call out old-timey print media, and remembering two geek icons in The News of the Week
- How many Call of Duty games is too many? Also, other gaming news in Lahmann's Terms
- And Wags introduces a new segment with websites you just have to visit...no name yet, but we're leaning towards "World Wide Wags".
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Geekspeak Season 6, Episode 5
After our one-week hiatus, we return fresh and ready to sit in a room and talk for about an hour. Below: the fruits of that labor.
- MySpace makes a movie and scientists develop a way to use bacterial excrement to develop crude oil - we apologize for Steve Wagner in advance - in the News of the Week
- A Serious Discussion about the Wii and lots of gaming news in Lahmann's Terms
- And we talk about The Incredible Hulk. Is it a worthy addition to the Marvel film ouevre? Or was it just an Incredible Disappointment?
Friday, June 13, 2008
Geekspeak: The Off-Air Version 6/13/08
There was no regularly-scheduled episode of Geekspeak this week. To make up for that egregious oversight, we have decided to instead do a sixteen-minute podcast to fill the void in your life. To wit:
- Space tourism hits new heights and gamers decide to sue EA in the News of the Week
- And Steve Watts tells you all you need to know about the first two or three hours of Metal Gear Solid 4, that one game that came out this week.
Monday, June 09, 2008
No New Geekspeak Tonight 06/09/2008
Due to the fact that Bryan and Wags are taking a one-week class to become better podcasters and Jake cannot be trusted to run things by himself, we're taking a break from the show this week. Please stay tuned to this website and the podcast feed, as we plan on having something special up for you this week in lieu of a new show. And don't forget to tune in next Monday night at 9:00 PM, for your chance to win oodles of prizes! (Like, seriously, two prizes!)
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Geekspeak Season 6, Episode 4
It's Frank's last show as a part of the Geekspeak crew and we wish him a fond farewell in a manner befitting such a situation - which is to say, we make fun of Jake and spread fear about robots. You know, standard operating procedure.
- Beer from outer space and computers controlled by E.coli bacteria in the News of the Week
- Frank tells you the movies he's glad he's not seeing in this week's Frankly Speaking
- A new Resident Evil 5 trailer drops and Jake nearly explodes with joy in Lahmann's Terms
- And Frank says goodbye in various alliterative fashions.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]