Thursday, February 28, 2008
Geekspeak Season 5, Episode 8
So there was no Frank, but we welcomed special guest Nathan Bender all the way from Limit Break Radio to help us get our Geekspeak on. Here's the breakdown:
- Net Neutrality shenanigans and someone takes a horror movie way too seriously in the News of the Week
- ...And then it's lots of video game stuff, including:
- EA tries to buy Take-2!
- The head of Dreamworks tries to blame games for the shortcomings of Shrek the Third!
- And "Still Alive" hits Rock Band!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Coming up on Geekspeak....
This week on Geekspeak, we're welcoming a special guest into the studio. Aniero Bethune (I think maybe his real name is Nathan?) from the Final Fantasy XI podcast Limit Break Radio will be joining us on the show for all the fun and excitement you've come to expect from us. Check out his show and tune in to Geekspeak Wednesday night at 10 PM EST on Modern Rock 91.5 or streaming live right here on the website!
...It'll be Final Fantastic!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Geekspeak Season 5, Episode 7
Oooooh, that smell. Can't you smell that smell? It's the smell of new Geekspeak.
- HD-DVD is dead, long live HD-DVD in the News of the Week
- The Big Show is fighting Floyd Mayweather and Frank could not be more excited about it in Frankly Speaking
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and D-I-V-O-R-C-E for W-O-W in Lahmann's Terms
- And we actually get to a Soundoff for once!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Geekspeak Season 5, Episode 6...IN HD!
It's our first-ever show on the new high-definition Modern Rock 91.5 setup. To celebrate...well, we did a show, isn't that enough? But we did welcome newcomer Steve "Wags" Wagner to the stage of history alongside your favorite lovable misfits. So be nice to him.
- NEW STAR WARS NEW STAR WARS NEW STAR WARS also machines that can scan your skeleton from a distance and medicinal tattoo needles in the News of the Week.
- Frank didn't bother preparing a segment and instead speaks extemporaneously about wrasslin' in Frankly Speaking
- Lots of good video game news in Lahmann's Terms
- And what's the new measurement of awesomeness that's sweeping the nation (in Bryan's mind, anyway)? Find out!
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Geekspeak Season 5, Episode 5
Weather made it difficult for us to even GET to this show, but we managed to put together a half hour nonetheless. Think of this as a "throwback episode" - Bryan, Frank, half an hour, that sort of thing. Here's what went down:
- Colbert, Conan, and Stewart all decide to throw down and they're going to make a Jim Henson movie in the News of the Week.
- It's no trouble to check out pictures from the Hubble in Frankly Speaking
- What do our ringtones sound like? Find out in the Soundoff!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]